Issuing of Medical Certificates<For Faculty and Staff>
■ Basic information
If a new health certificate is needed by a person who has had their Regular Health Check-up for staff and faculties or Health Check-up for Newly Hired Employees, etc., a certificate can be issued for a fee.
Those who have not received the Regular Health Check-up or the New Hiring Health Check-up should undergo health checks and physical examinations, etc. at an external medical institution. The Health Service Center also offers fee-based medical checkup.
For applications submitted between April and October: Those who have undergone the Regular Health Check-up or the New Hiring Health Check-up in the previous fiscal year, or those who have undergone alternative procedures, are eligible to apply.
For applications submitted between November and March: Those who have undergone the Regular Health Check-up or the New Hiring Health Check-up in the current fiscal year, or those who have undergone alternative procedures, are eligible to apply.
If you have received the medical check-up at an external institution, please complete the substitution procedure first.
- Medical certificate using the results of the medical examination conducted at the University can be issued following applications after the notification of results on the Web.
If you wish to have a certificate issued before the result notification, this can be done only after 3 weeks from the check-up date. Therefore, please consult with the Health Service Center after 3 weeks.
Please provide the guidelines that show the purpose of issuing the health certificate or specified items in the health certificate or the specified form when making applying for the certificate.
We may not be able to issue a health certificate depending on the effective period of the medical data. The contents of the health certificate that can be used for diagnosis may also be limited.
Since creating the health certificate takes time, please make sure you make your request well in advance of your needs. It usually takes about a week to complete if blood tests are included.
As our top priority is to meet the academic needs of students and the business needs of faculty and staff at the University, we may decline issuing some medical certificates that can be issued at other medical institutions.
There are fees for issuing health certificates, consultation, and examinations.
If you need certificate issued in English, please visit the website of the travel clinic.
■ Items to bring
- Staff ID card
- Medical Certificate Application
- Blank form of the medical certificate (when a specific form is required to be submitted)
- Documents explaining how to complete the medical certificate. (Be sure to print it out and bring it with you.)
- Fees (Fees will be charged for consultation, examination, and documentation. The amount varies depending on the contents of the examination.) See the rules of charges .
- ＊Incomplete items may not be accepted.
■ How to apply
- Times applications are accepted (internal medicine opening hours) AM10:00-12:20 and PM2:00-3:45 on weekdays.
- Please come to the Health Service Section counter of the Health Service Center during office hours.
- There are days when X-rays are not available. If you need X-rays, please check here, and come to the office on a day when X-rays are available.
■ Issuing procedure
- 1 Visit the Internal Medicine Department of the Health Service Center.
- 2 Undergo the necessary examinations.
- 3 If blood tests are required, visit the Health Service Center internal medicine department again the following week or later.
- 4 Medical certificates issued.
If you have any questions, please contact the following e-mail.
- Hongo Health Service Center: hoken-kanri-hongo.adm#gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp
- Komaba Health Service Center: hoken-kanri-komaba.adm#gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp
- Kashiwa Health Service Center: hoken-kanri-kashiwa.adm#gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp
＊Please replace the “#” with “@”.