The following faculty and staff members who received check-up cards should take this check-up
■ Target person
- 1) Full-time as well as full-time, fixed-term project faculty and staff members
- 2) Fixed-term, part-time employees and fixed-term, part-time project faculty and staff members
- Part-time staff whose weekly working hours exceed 29 hours and those whose term of hire will be for more than a year
- Part-time staff who work for 29 hours or less per week or whose term of hire will be less than a year, and who have completed the application procedures for health check-ups through the health check-up eligibility examination
- *You cannot receive a health check-up without the medical examination slip. The examination slip will be sent through your department. Please check the details of your application with your department.
- *Those who have undergone a health check-up at the time of employment or overseas travel after April of this year (other than those subject to a special health check-up) do not need to undergo this health check-up.
■ Making a reservation and completing the questionnaire
Reservations made through the website are required.
→For details on how to make a reservation, please refer to the "Guide on Making Appointments and taking the Medical Questionnaire " enclosed in the information documents that will be distributed at a later date.
For information on the medical questionnaire and reservations, please see here.
*Reservations will be commenced in sequence. It may not be possible to book for dates more than two months in advance.
*If you would like to use the results of a health check-up that you took at an external medical institution as a substitute, please complete the medical questionnaire here.
・Items specified by law
Interview (medical history, lifestyle), height, weight, BMI, waist measurements, visual acuity (eye sight test), audiometry, chest X-ray examination, blood pressure measurement, urine analyses (sugar, protein), electrocardiography, physical examination (doctor’s consultation), blood sample analyses (red blood cell count, hemoglobin, GOT(AST), GPT(ALT), γ-GTP, neutral fats, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, blood sugar, HbA1c
* Optional items
※Option item will be inspected only for those who have given their consent for all items. Selecting parts of the optional items is not permitted.
Please read the precautions enclosed with the health check-up documents carefully before coming to the health check-up.
Those who have their check-up in the morning should come without having breakfast and refrain from drinking anything that contains calories.
Those who have their check-up in the afternoon should finish a light breakfast by 7:00am and refrain from eating during the morning and only have drinks that do not have calories.
Please cooperate in wearing a mask, preferably made of non-woven fabric, when coming to the health check-up venue.
If you have a fever or are feeling unwell, please cancel your reservation.
It is possible for the venue to be at a location other than the Health Service Center.
Hongo：Health Check-up floor (Basement) Hongo Health Service Center
Date 2023 Academic Year. Click here
The reports will be available one to two months after the check-up through the University web service.
■ Using health check-up results from external medical institutions as a substitute
- The regular health check-up for academic and administrative staff is a requirement by law (the School Health and Safety Law and the Occupational Safety and Health Law).
- Any staff who did not attend the university’s regular health check-up should submit the following ① and ② promptly.
- Once the documents have been submitted, they will be treated in the same manner as those who have received a regular health check-up conducted by the University of Tokyo.
- ① Medical certificates that fulfill all legal requirements (copy of the results from the external medical examination will suffice).
- * Concerning the legal requirements, only those for with specific numerical data, judgments, and findings described for each item will be accepted.
- * All the information on every page should be copied and submitted without omissions.
- If any legally required items are missing, submit the results of the missing items once they have been taken separately. Cases with deficiencies may be referred to departmental personnel. Additionally, you can also consult the internal medicine department of the Health Service Center about having the missing items checked for a fee at.
- Please be sure to submit the health checkup results by the end of February within the fiscal year.
- ② Before making your submission, please complete and register the medical questionnaires . Click here
- Online Medical Questionnaires will be available after September.
- For information on the medical questionnaire, please see here.
- Click here （details）
- When you have completed the questionnaire, click "Register". Do not make a reservation for a Health Check-up.
- If you are unable to register the medical questionnaires, please contact the Health Service Center
- If there are any abnormal values or findings in the check-up results, follow the instructions of the medical institution you consulted.
- Also, if you receive any instructions about lifestyle (including smoking, drinking, etc.), please follow the instructions given by the medical institution you visited.
- The health service center will take and deal with only items that are part of the check-up conducted at the university's health check-up.
- The mutual aid association subsidizes the examination fees for health check-ups for any union members aged 35 and over and their dependent spouses as part of measures against adult diseases. As comprehensive medical examination carried out at external medical institutions can cover tests that are not included in the university's health check-up, please consider submitting the results from the comprehensive medical examination also.
- To your local health service center
- Hongo Health Service Center (Tel.: Ext. 22580 E-mail：hoken-kanri-hongo.adm〔at sign〕gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
- Komaba Health Service Center (Tel.: Ext. 46166 E-mail：hoken-kanri-komaba.adm〔at sign〕gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
- Kashiwa Health Service Center (Tel.: Ext. 63040 E-mail：hoken-kanri-kashiwa.adm〔at sign〕gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp)