≪Medical Check-ups for Autumn 2021 Entry Students and Researchers≫ updated on January 18, 2022
- All scheduled dates for 2021 have ended.
Medical check-ups are carried out following the “学校保健安全法/School Health and Safety Act”.
Please make sure to take the medical check-up during the specified period.
1.Venue and Date:
Please keep in mind that the schedule and check-up items are subject to change depending on the situation of the coronavirus epidemic.
Please wear a mask when you come to the Medical Check-up venue.
If you have respiratory symptoms such as cough or sputum and fever, please do not enter the venue.
- * Please refer to the information provided here if you would like to use the results of a medical check-up results from an external medical institution as a substitute.
The schedule has ended.
The schedule has ended.
The schedule has ended.
Students admitted to the University of Tokyo in Autumn 2021.
・1st year Master’s program students ・1st year doctorate program students
・1st year Professional degree program students ・Undergraduate transfer students (3rd year)
・Auditing Students ・Special auditing students
・Specially registered students ・Specially registered graduate students
・Research Students ・Special research students
・Graduate research students ・Graduate foreign research Students
・Students designated by the faculty to which they belong
- 1) Student ID Card（if you do not have Student Card yet, please bring your Certificate of Enrollment）
- 2) Three printed 2d barcodes (which will be displayed after the online questionnaires have been completed)
- 3) Urine sample
- 4) Reservation number
- 5) bring to wear plain-colored T-shirts (see note 5-2) below)
- 6) Special Care Required when Attending University （only for those specified）*1
*1. If you need special care to learn at the university due to your health, please complete and bring the “Special Care Required when Attending University” form. The form “Special Care Required when Attending University” can be downloaded from the Health Service Center’s home page. The form can be submitted at any of the Health Service Centers. Those who required special care, please complete the form before coming for their medical check-up.
4.The checkup includes:
②Blood pressure evaluation,
④Chest X- ray examination(you will be permitted to skip this examination if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant),
⑤Height and body weight measurement, abdominal circumference,
*2 You will receive a urine sample container before the medical check-up. Please bring your urine sample taken first thing on the morning of the check-up. Students who do not receive a sample container from their administrative department should pick up a sample container from the Health Service Center.
Please do not collect a urine sample if you are in your menstrual period. Please contact a staff at reception.
*3 Information concerning the blood test
Tests of the blood in the fasting state is ideal, and therefore those who have their check-up in the morning should come without having had breakfast and refrain from having drinks that contain calories. Those with check-ups in the afternoon should finish a light breakfast by 7:00am, and refrain from eating and only have drinks that do not have calories in them until after the check-up.
(Please make sure to keep hydrated by taking drinks without calories, such as water or straight tea.)
5.Please note the following points on the Medical Check-up：
- 1)Please answer the Online Medical Questionnaires and make a reservation through the website. For details on the Online Medical Questionnaires and reservation, please access here.
*Your answers cannot be registered unless the 2d barcodes are available and unnecessary time will be wasted during the check-ups redoing the questionnaire. Please make sure to complete the questionnaire beforehand and to bring the 2d barcodes with you.
*Please make a reservation through the website. Priority is given to students who have reservations. If you do not make a reservation, during busy periods you may have to wait a long time, or you may not be able to have the medical check-up at that time.
- 2)As chest X-rays will be taken, please wear clothing that you can remove from your upper body.
Please wear or bring a plain T-shirt and refrain from having any metal fittings, adjusters, prints, beads, buttons, lace, gathers, elastic strings, embroideries, lame materials, undergarments with bra cups, collars, V-neck shirts, or overlapped thick materials.
Please remove any jewelries/accessories in advance.（necklaces, earrings, body piercings etc.）
Please bring something to tie your hair if you wear it long. Also, please make sure you are able to bare your ankles for the electrocardiography – therefore please refrain from wearing tights or stockings.
3)Please do not exercise severely the day before the check-up so that accurate examinations results can be obtained.
- 4)If you are taking medication daily, please ask your doctor about the correct methods of when and how to take the medicines.
- 5)All students are required to have a medical check-up. Without medical check-up documentations, you will not be able to obtain certificates required for enrolling in some specialty courses, moving to another university as well as making various applications.
- 6)The next medical check-up is not until the one in the next academic year, between April and June, 2022. Please note that you will not be able to take one next autumn.
- 7)Please call the relevant Health Service Center if you are unable to attend the check-up during the dates because of justifiable reasons, such as hospitalization, studying abroad, taking leave of absence or working at one of the distant research facilities, etc.
- 8)Health certificate can be issued from three weeks from the date of examination.
- 9)Please inform the relevant Health Service Center, if you wish to substitute the results from medical examinations you received at the Health Service Center or another clinic within the last three months instead. Click here for details.
- 10)Those who need special assistance should contact us in advance, as we expect the period to be very crowded.
- 11)Valuable should be looked after individually during the Medical check-up. Please make sure that you do not lose or leave anything behind.
Komaba Health Service Center Phone: 03-5454-6180 (Internal: 46180)
Kashiwa Health Service Center Phone: 04-7136-3040 (Internal: 63040)
Hongo Health Service Center Phone: 03-5841-2579 (Internal: 22579)
＊Replace ♯ with @